Building something different
Thank you for taking an active part in building
Peer Evaluation’s community of readers, contributors
Here are 3 ways to spread the word:
Peer Evaluation activity
Panagiotis Metaxas Trusted member
|Areas(s)||Computer Science, Social Networks|
|Subject(s)||Computer Science, Social Network Analysis, Trust, Graph Algorithms|
|Spoken languages||English, Greek, Italian|
Biography & Interests
I am a Professor of Computer Science and Founder of the Media Arts and Sciences Program at Wellesley College (near Boston). I studied Mathematics at the University of Athens and Computer Science at Brown University. I hold a M.Sc. and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Dartmouth and have been a visiting scientist at MIT and at the Sydney University, Australia. Currently, I am a Visiting Scholar at the Center for Research on Computation and Society (CRCS), Harvard University. I spent a couple of years working as the Chief Technology Officer of a biotech company gaining FDA approval for computerized tests measuring the symptoms of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) and I am Research Associate at the Developmental Biopsychiatry Research Program at McLean Hospital. Since 2010, I have been on the faculty of the Albright Institute for Global Affairs. In terms of professional memberships, I am a Senior Member of the ACM and a Member of LACS, IEEE Computer Society, SIGWEB, SIGCSE and SIGACT's electronic publication board. I also serve on the Program Committees for the AAAI-Web, WEBIST and ICIW conferences and I am the Wellesley representative of the Computing Research Association (CRA). My Erdös number is 3 (e.g., Erdös, Chung, Leighton), and my Ph.D. genealogy goes back to legends such as Carathéodory, Euler and Copernicus.
My research interests are currently in Web Science, Web Spam and Cognitive Hacking. I have published in the areas of Social Computing, Parallel Computing, Multimedia, Algorithm Visualization, and Computer Science Education.
n/aShares by Panagiotis Metaxas
Your session has expired but don’t worry, your message
has been saved.Please log in and we’ll bring you back
to this page. You’ll just need to click “Send”.
Panagiotis's collections (0)
Panagiotis's Links on the Web
visiting this person
You may receive the Trusted member label after :
• Reviewing 10 uploads, whatever the media type.
• Being trusted by 10 peers.
• If you are blocked by 10 peers the "Trust label" will be suspended from your page. We encourage you to contact the administrator to contest the suspension.
Please select an affiliation:
Panagiotis's Peer Evaluation activity
- 1A Note on Parallel Algorithms for Optimal h-v Drawings of Binary Trees
- 1A Parallel Algorithm for Computing Minimum Spanning Trees
- 1A Visualization System for Correctness Proofs of Graph Algorithms
- 1COVERAGE AND INDEPENDENCE Defining quality in web search results
- 1From Parallel To Sequential: Keeping Optimality In Algorithms
- NSF-CNS, Grant Number 1117693 / Year 2011