Building something different
Thank you for taking an active part in building
Peer Evaluation’s community of readers, contributors
Here are 3 ways to spread the word:
Peer Evaluation activity
Ronald Brown Trusted member
Bangor University, Computer Science, Bangor, UK
Biography & Interests
Born 4 January, 1935 in London. I studied Mathematics at Oxford 1953-1956, 1st class Honours, and postgraduate there 1956-59, supervised by J.H.C. Whitehead. Assistant Lecturer and then Lecturer, Liverpool University, 1959-64, Senior Lecturer and then Reader, Hull University, 1964-70, Professor of Pure Mathematics, Bangor University, 1970-1999, then Emeritus Professor. Leverhulme Emeritus Fellow, 2002-2004. My PhD research under Michael Barratt, after the death of Whitehead in 1960, was on the algebraic topology of function spaces. This led to results on the general topology of function spaces, including the notion of `convenient category of spaces' and an early interest in what are now known as monoidal closed categories. Work on a topology text published in 1968 led to an interest in groupoids, and then higher homotopy groupoids, particularly in collaboration with Philip Higgins, and later Jean-Louis Loday.
I am now concluding work on `Nonabelian algebraic topology: filtered spaces, crossed complexes, cubical homotopy groupoids' as European Math. Soc. Tract vol 15, in collaboration with P.J. Higgins and R. Sivera. I have long been interested in teaching
145.37 KBShares by Ronald Brown
Your session has expired but don’t worry, your message
has been saved.Please log in and we’ll bring you back
to this page. You’ll just need to click “Send”.
Ronald's collections (0)
visiting this person
You may receive the Trusted member label after :
• Reviewing 10 uploads, whatever the media type.
• Being trusted by 10 peers.
• If you are blocked by 10 peers the "Trust label" will be suspended from your page. We encourage you to contact the administrator to contest the suspension.
Please select an affiliation:
Ronald's Peer Evaluation activity
- 2A homotopy double groupoid of a Hausdorff space II: A van Kampen Theorem
- 12003b, �Category Theory and Higher Dimensional Algebra: Potential Descriptive Tools in Neuroscience
- 132 Mathematics and Knots
- 1A homotopy double groupoid of a Hausdorff space�, Theory and Applications of Categories 10
- 1A new higher homotopy groupoid: the fundamental globular ?-groupoid of a filtered space
- 1ALGEBRAIC COLIMIT CALCULATIONS IN HOMOTOPY THEORY USING FIBRED AND COFIBRED CATEGORIES